We have today released a new general release firmware update (v022-a-043) which will have added TIDAL Connect functionality for Evo 75/150, Edge NQ, CXNv1/v2/s2, 851N, and SM6v2 users. Your device should prompt you to update when you next switch it on.
Please be aware that once updated your device will no longer support browsing TIDAL from the front panel Library of the device or from the Cambridge Connect app.
This is because accessing TIDAL via the front panel and through the Cambridge Connect app uses an older method of log-in that TIDAL is phasing out for security reasons. In order to be able to make use of the functionality of TIDAL Connect we have therefore had to remove access via these methods at TIDAL's request. The newer method of logging in using TIDAL Connect via StreamMagic will provide an improved, stable and more secure method of using TIDAL.
We do apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Please note: CXR120 and CXR200 users will receive a new firmware update to allow TIDAL Connect in the next couple of weeks. This is currently being worked on.
Tidal connect is now available for CXN/CXNv2/851N/Edge NQ users who subscribe to early updates.
For more about the new early update firmware release see here.
For more information about how to get early updates see here.
TIDAL’s new Connect feature is coming to Cambridge Audio’s range of network players.
We are currently working on a soon-to-be-available firmware update that will enable users to stream their favourite tracks at the touch of a button within the TIDAL app.
What are the benefits of using TIDAL Connect instead of TIDAL within the StreamMagic app?
- Enjoy the same TIDAL experience at home or on the move.
- Seamlessly pass music from your phone to your Hi-Fi and vice versa.
- Easy to manage playlists and collections.
- More personalised recommendations and music discovery.
- Get new features fast – TIDAL will always update their app before anyone else’s.
What do I have to do?
- You will get a new firmware notification from your Cambridge Audio Streamer. Follow the on-screen instructions to update.
- If you want to experience TIDAL Connect ahead of the crowd, please enable early updates on your device settings page using the StreamMagic app.
What changes can I expect?
- TIDAL integration will be removed from the Cambridge Connect app and the front panel of your streamer. Don’t worry, control and new music discovery are so much easier in the native TIDAL app.
- TIDAL will continue to work as normal through the StreamMagic app, however, we recommend moving to TIDAL Connect for all the reasons listed above.
Will Cambridge Audio network players support MQA in TIDAL Connect?
- No. Our current range of network players will not support MQA within TIDAL Connect as this would require a hardware modification. You can, however, connect a USB A to B cable between a PC or Mac and your network player to enjoy MQA content through the TIDAL desktop app.
Which Cambridge Audio devices will support TIDAL Connect?
- Edge NQ
- CXN V2
- CXN V1
- StreamMagic 6 V2
For more information about using TIDAL Connect, check out what TIDAL has to say about it here.