Choose the right size earbuds
The most important factor in making sure that your ear buds fit correctly is choosing the correct size for your ears. Earbuds that are either too big or too small can fall out or feel uncomfortable to use and will not provide the optimum listening experience. Its crucial that you try the full range of tips available in order to find the right fit for you.
Fitting the earbuds correctly
1. Distinguish between the left and the right side.
2. Place the left earbuds into the left ear but don’t push it in.
3. Use your right hand and grab onto the left earlobe.
4. Pull downwards on the left earlobe in order to widen the ear canal.
5. Use your index finger to push in the earbud into the ear canal with light pressure.
6. Don’t force the earbuds right into the ear, only enough to feel a tight seal.
7. Repeat the steps for the right earbuds.
When trying the foam tips you should compress/roll the foam to make it smaller prior to placing in your ear. It will then expand to fill the ear canal and provide a snug fit.
Once you’ve tried on different sizes, and followed the above steps to make sure they are siting in your ears correctly, you should hear an improvement in the bass and the audio will be louder than normal. This is due to the seal that you created within your ear canal and the earbuds. This will also mean that the external noise wouldn’t be heard as much.
It is important that you carry out the above steps first to understand if issues surrounding sound quality are due to a problem of fit.