If the stylus is skipping across your record, it could be down to the following:
- Stylus guard has not been removed
- Tracking force is too light – Confirm that the tracking force is correct
with the tonearm force gauge
- Confirm that the anti-skating bias is set to '2'
Please note: This is the correct setting for the factory fitted Cambridge Audio high output moving coil cartridge, other cartridges may require a different setting
- Turntable is picking up excessive vibrations or is not level
- Condition of the record is poor
Please check all of the above in order to solve the issue.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this, please contact us by submitting a request here and our Support team would be more than happy to help.