If there is a distorted or inconsistent sound coming from you Alva TT, it may be down to the following:
- Turntable is connected to the incorrect amplifier input
Please note: Do not connect the turntable to an external phono stage
or phono input
- Wrong RPM used for the record
- Tracking force incorrectly adjusted
- Condition of the record is poor
- Stylus is not making a true connection to the record
- Stylus is damaged
- Turntable is picking up excessive vibrations or is not level
- Stylus guard has not been removed
Please check all of the above in order to solve the issue.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this, please contact us by submitting a request here and our Support team would be more than happy to help.