To use all of the features of the EDGE NQ you will need to connect it to your network.
To connect your EDGE NQ to your network via an Ethernet cable, you will need to make a connection from your router to the Ethernet port on your EDGE NQ. This is labelled '13' on the image below.
Rear of EDGE NQ.
Once connected, please power on the EDGE NQ. After the Cambridge Audio logo appears on the display, the EDGE NQ will attempt to connect to your LAN network. If this connection is successful the screen will display 'Network OK'.
To complete setup and control the EDGE NQ you will need to download the Edge Remote App from the Play Store.
Once downloaded please ensure you have connected your Android device to the same network as your EDGE NQ and open the Edge Remote App.
New EDGE NQ Found popup
The Edge Remote App should recognise that a new EDGE NQ is on your network. Please press 'OK' to continue setup.
Here you will find further settings related to Chromecast.
- Unit Name - Here you will be able to give your EDGE NQ a personalised name
- Standby Mode - Here you will be able to choose either 'Network Standby' or 'Eco Mode'
- Network Standby - The EDGE NQ always has a network connection.
- Eco Mode - When in standby the EDGE NQ will not have a network connection. Apps, including the Edge Remote will not be able to wake the unit from standby.
- Volume Limit - This limits the maximum volume that other applications (ie Spotify, TIDAL etc) can attain. When active only the volume control, remote control or EDGE app can set the volume higher than the limit.
We recommend having the volume limit set below 85%. This will mean that apps being wirelessly streamed to the EDGE NQ are unable to achieve maximum volume, which could damage your speakers.
Once finished click 'Next'.
You will also notice a checkbox labelled 'Share usage data'. Google may collect system activity, crash reports and usage data (details about how you use the casting functionality of your Cast device, including the apps and domains you cast).
You can control Google's collection of crash reports and usage data through a device setting, which is enabled by default. Simply un-check this box if you do not want to share this type of information.
Your EDGE NQ will then save these settings.
The app will then open with a Chromecast built-in popup box With the options 'Learn More' or 'No Thanks'. If you are unsure how Chromecast built-in works please press 'Find out more'. To start using the Edge Remote app press 'No Thanks'.