8th December 2021
The Windows USB Audio class 2 driver (v5.27.0) has recently been updated.
There is no new product support added to this version, but there is a security fix for Windows 10 and support added for Windows 11.
Changes from v5.12.0 to v5.27.0 (these are mostly issues hidden):
- Fix: Fixed a security vulnerability (update recommended)
- New: support for Windows 11 (21H2)
- Change: now using SignTools 1.9
- New: support for Windows 10 (21H1)
- New: API version 5.8
- Change: Audio control interface for MIDI is optional
- Change: Operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are no longer supported (Microsoft discontinued vendor signing)
What driver should I use?
Customers on Windows 10 or 11 should use this new version v5.27.0
Customers on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 should use v5.12.0
Customers on older versions of Windows can use v1.67, but it doesn’t support all products.
For more information on which driver to use please see here.
The previous version (v5.12.0) added compatibility with Windows 10.
This can be used on the following operating systems in both 32bit and 64bit:
- Windows 7 that has the latest updates installed (specifically Microsoft Security Advisory 3033929)
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
Please note: Older versions of Windows 7 and earlier operating systems are not supported, and you will need to use the v1.67 driver.