To use all of the features of the EDGE NQ you will need to connect it to your network.
To connect your EDGE NQ to your network over WiFi you will first need to connect the USB WiFi dongle which came with the unit.
Rear of EDGE NQ.
Please Connect the USB WiFi dongle to the port labelled '12' on the picture above.
Once Connected please power on the EDGE NQ and download the Edge Remote app from the Play Store.
After doing this please navigate to your mobile devices WiFi Settings page.
Android WiFi settings
Your EDGE NQ should be broadcasting its own WiFi network which you will need to connect to.
Once connected please open the Edge Remote App.
New Device Found popup
Along the bottom of the app it should inform you that a new device is found. Please press 'Setup' to connect your device to your local WiFi network.
Next you will need to select the WiFi network you want the EDGE NQ to join and type in the password for your network. To finish press 'Connect'.
Setup is complete when an image of your EDGE NQ is displayed. In order to use the Edge Remote app you will then next need to setup Chromecast Built-in.
Chromecast Built-in setup
Click Ok to set up Chromecast Built-in on your unit.
Here you will find further settings related to Chromecast.
- Unit Name - Here you will be able to give your EDGE NQ a personalised name
- Standby Mode - Here you will be able to choose either 'Network Standby' or 'Eco Mode'
- Network Standby - The EDGE NQ always has a network connection.
- Eco Mode - When in standby the EDGE NQ will not have a network connection. Apps, including the Edge Remote will not be able to wake the unit from standby.
- Volume Limit - This limits the maximum volume that other applications (ie Spotify, TIDAL etc) can attain. When active only the volume control, remote control or EDGE app can set the volume higher than the limit.
We recommend having the volume limit set below 85%. This will mean that apps being wirelessly streamed to the EDGE NQ are unable to achieve maximum volume, which could damage your speakers.
Once finished click 'Next'.
You will also notice a checkbox labelled 'Share usage data'. Google may collect system activity, crash reports and usage data (details about how you use the casting functionality of your Cast device, including the apps and domains you cast).
You can control Google's collection of crash reports and usage data through a device setting, which is enabled by default. Simply un-check this box if you do not want to share this type of information.
Your Edge NQ will then save these settings.
The app will then open with a Chromecast built-in popup box With the options 'Learn More' or 'No Thanks'. If you are unsure how Chromecast built-in works please press 'Find out more'. To start using the Edge Remote app press 'No Thanks'.