The Edge NQ comes equipped with a USB Audio Input for connecting to a PC/Mac computer.
As the Edge NQ is Class 2 USB Audio Only Windows-based PCs require a Cambridge Audio USB driver to be installed before connection.
Please find instructions for USB audio setup below.
1. Make sure to install the appropriate Cambridge Audio Windows 2.0 USB driver on your computer. Information on which driver to install can be found in the attached PDF document at the bottom of this article. All USB Audio drivers can be downloaded here.
2. Once installed you should notice the 'CA Control Panel' has been installed in your taskbar. This will show any connect Cambridge Audio USB Audio device.
3. Now run a USB Audio cable from the D5 input on your EDGE NQ to a free USB port on your computer.
4. Upon turning on your EDGE NQ please select the D5 input. You should notice that the EDGE NQ appears as 'CA USB Audio' within the playback section of your computers Sound Settings (Control Panel > Sound > Playback).
Windows Playback devices
5. Make sure that the EDGE NQ is selected as your default playback Device with a green tick. Once completed the EDGE NQ should also appear in the CA Control Panel.
EDGE NQ listed as a USB Audio Device within CA Control Panel.
6. Next right click the EDGE NQ within playback devices and select properties. Here navigate to Advanced where you can select the sample rate and bit depth to be used. We would recommend selecting the highest available.
EDGE NQ Advanced speaker properties
7. After doing this you will notice the 'Current Sample Rate' within the CA Control Panel should now change to reflect the settings you applied within the Advanced Speaker Properties.
CA Control Panel showing selected Sample Rate.
Now all audio from your computer will be routed to and played back on the speakers connected to your EDGE NQ.