If your remote is not functioning with the unit, we would recommend performing an Infra-Red test to see if it is functioning at all.
An IR Remote Control sends out a signal using Infrared light. You cannot see this light with the naked eye, however, by using a Smartphone in camera mode you can see the signal.
To check if your IR Remote is sending a signal, please follow the steps below:
- Open the camera app.
- Point the end of the remote control with the IR emitter at the camera lens.
- Look at the phone's screen.
- Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote control.
- If the remote control is sending a signal, you should see a light on the phone's screen when you press the remote's buttons.
You can also test each of the buttons on the remote by pressing them one at a time and checking to see if you see a light from the emitter.
Please Note: If a light is present when no button is pressed, one of the buttons on the remote may be stuck and preventing other buttons from working. If this is the case:
- Remove the batteries.
- Press and release each button a couple of times to see if you can free the stuck button.
- Replace the batteries and test the remote again.
If you continue to see a light when no button is pressed, the remote control may need to be replaced.
If the remote control has been in use for some time, the battery may need replacing.
Ensure there is nothing obstructing the infrared signal between the TVB2 and the remote control, and that no other signals (eg. Infrared from another piece of equipment) are causing interference.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this, please contact us by submitting a request here and our Support team would be more than happy to help.