9th April 2020
• Improved USB drive detection with the StreamMagic app.
28th February 2020
• Added source description fields to the sources settings page.
• Added dark mode to the settings page for iOS devices.
• Fixed WAV + AIFF + DFF/DSD files played from USB drives from reporting 00:00 track length.
• Removed [All Stations] filter from Radio Genres search to reduce load times.
• Updated translations.
9th December 2019
- Add support for Spotify Free.
- Add repeat track (repeat-1) functionality to Spotify
- Improved Spotify preset handling.
- Various webmin updates.
- Fixed missing AVR sources from the settings page.
- Added translations for "ECO mode" in Dutch and Polish.
9th May 2019
- Fix the end of some tracks being cut off.
- Fix the start of some tracks being cut off.
- Improved playback on low bit-rate MP3 files over UPnP.
- Fix for removing pre-sets via Webmin.
- Fix to prevent Alva TT+BT100 getting stuck in a stopped state.
22nd January 2019
- Fix some USB drives not being detected.
- Fix a rare crash when setting the language and then immediately changing preamp mode.
- Fix to stop adding previously deleted queue items to the queue after changing the shuffle state.
- Fix to ensure that the next track is played after deleting the current track in the queue.
- Fix Apple Wireless Accessory Configuration for users connecting to hidden networks.
- Fix to remove track length restrictions on High-resolution WAV files larger than 2GB.
- Fix for APEv2 support.
- Fix for front panel still illuminated when unit is put in standby by remote app.
- Fixed crash when going to network standby while USB drive is mounting.
- Improved Audirvana support - better synchronisation with Mac app.
24th September 2018
- Added option to remove TIDAL from Library
- Fixed issue with CXN,851N, SM6v2 pausing at the end of a track with some UPnP control points
- Fixed issue with playlists appearing in incorrect order
- Fixed issue with ‘Play from here’ on USB drive
- Translation updates
3rd April 2018: v012-a-471
- TIDAL Support
- DASH/HLS support including FLAC streams
- Support for higher-bitrate BBC stations in the UK as well as on demand content
- WMA Pro/Lossless Support
- Seek support in Spotify/media playback (currently only available via front panel and remote)
- Spotify Podcast support
- Removal of Spotify 100 track limit
- Improved Spotify preset functionality
- New Webmin design
- Presets now stored on device instead of external servers
- Presets now reset with Factory Reset
- Automatic overnight firmware updates
- Performance improvements
- Detect and fix incomplete factory resets
- Fix duplicate information when browsing some UPnP servers
- Fix spurious busy spinner on Settings/Auto Power Down screen
- Handle UTF-8 characters when fast-scrolling through menus
- Allow change of language without restarting
- Other Minor Bug fixes
24th April 2017: v009-a-132
- Fixed occasional crash when trying to connect to Spotify
- Fixed crash when accessing presets from app causing SM unit to crash
- Fixed issue with no audio when playing back 24/192KHz files
- Fixed issue changing between multi-channel to 2 channel
- Fixed issue with 5.1 or 7.1 signals through Coax or Optical inputs
- Fixed issue with Subwoofer switching off in Direct mode
28th July 2016: v009-a-115
- Enabled connection of USB hard drives greater than 2TB
- Added support for future IP control protocol
- SDDP support
- Increased width of dialog box and auto scale text to fit within box
- Spotify artwork is displayed when switching back to Spotify
- Enabled presets on CXR Web administration pages
- Updated Rhapsody to Napster
- Made secondary DNS address optional for static IP address settings in Web administration pages
- Source naming feature now does not accept blank names
- Added shuffle& repeat control for Spotify
- Updated translations
- Increased limit on maximum number of results returned in stations search
- Improved upgrade notification compatibility with various web-browsers
- Fixed sub not working correctly in 'All Channels' mode
- Fixed Spotify playback issues when connected via Ethernet
- Fixed model name appearing in French and Catalan webmin page
- Fixed switching between DHCP and static IPs
- Security fix CVE-2015-7547
- Fixed crashes caused by Sony Android TVs
- Fixed scanning/connecting to hidden networks
- Fixed CXR200 where the 2nd zone icon did not appear on mobile apps
28th January 2016: v008-a-112
- Enable playback from the default QNAP UPnP server.
- Fix 24/192 audio dropout issue on certain networks
- Fix failure to play 192khz track as first track from power on
- Fix issue switching between sample rates on CXR
20th October 2015: v008-a-100
Play from here support for Cambridge Connect app
Added ability for CXU remote to operate CXR
Single speaker setup now operates both Subwoofer outputs
Enabled DSD over HDMI
Enabled rear panel IR inputs
Commas not appearing in track titles in UPnP/USB browser
Enable album-art from USB drives on Wi-Fi