8th December 2021
The Windows USB Audio class 2 driver (v5.27.0) has recently been updated.
There is no new product support added to this version, but there is a security fix for Windows 10 and support added for Windows 11.
Changes from v5.12.0 to v5.27.0 (these are mostly issues hidden):
- Fix: Fixed a security vulnerability (update recommended)
- New: support for Windows 11 (21H2)
- Change: now using SignTools 1.9
- New: support for Windows 10 (21H1)
- New: API version 5.8
- Change: Audio control interface for MIDI is optional
- Change: Operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are no longer supported (Microsoft discontinued vendor signing)
What driver should I use?
Customers on Windows 10 or 11 should use this new version v5.27.0
Customers on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 should use v5.12.0
Customers on older versions of Windows can use v1.67, but it doesn’t support all products.
For more information on which driver to use please see here.
If you own a DacMagic100, DacMagic Plus, 851C manufactured before 2014 you may need to upgrade its USB first to enable USB Audio 2.0 compatibility.
Please see the instructions included in the specific links below for full details and instructions:
- DacMagic 100
- DacMagic Plus
- 851C please contact customer support for 851C upgrade file, quoting 851C serial number
ASIO is a trademark and software of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH