There are a few reasons why your remote could not be working.
An IR Remote Control sends out a signal using Infrared light. You cannot see this light with the naked eye, however, by using a Smartphone in camera mode you can see the signal.
To check if your IR Remote is sending a signal, please follow the steps below:
- Open the camera app.
- Point the end of the remote control with the IR emitter at the camera lens.
- Look at the phone's screen.
- Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote control.
- If the remote control is sending a signal, you should see a light on the phone's screen when you press the remote's buttons.
You can also test each of the buttons on the remote by pressing them one at a time and checking to see if you see a light from the emitter.
If a light is present when no button is pressed, one of the buttons on the remote may be stuck and preventing other buttons from working. If this is the case:
- Remove the batteries.
- Press and release each button a couple of times to see if you can free the stuck button.
- Replace the batteries and test the remote again.
If you continue to see a light when no button is pressed, the batteries will require replacing.
If the remote still refuses to work, the entire handset may require replacement.