Here at Cambridge Audio, we’ve been working hard to make your CXN experience even better! There is a new firmware update.
The next time you switch on your CXN it will automatically see that an update is available and will prompt you to update. Alternatively, you can update your device manually by going to Settings > Upgrade Firmware.
For a basic guide to the Connect app, please click here.
For a guide on how TIDAL works within the Connect app, please click here.
3 April 2018
- TIDAL Support
- DASH/HLS support including FLAC streams
- Support for higher-bitrate BBC stations in the UK as well as on demand content
- WMA Pro/Lossless Support
- Seek support in Spotify/media playback (currently only available via front panel and remote)
- Spotify Podcast support
- Removal of Spotify 100 track limit
- Improved Spotify preset functionality
- New Webmin design
- Streaming volume limit (set to 100% by default)
- Presets now stored on device instead of external servers
- Presets now reset with Factory Reset
- Inputs can now be set as presets
- Allow preset selection/buttons to power on from network standby
- Automatic overnight firmware updates
- Screen protection for physical inputs (not on streaming or radio sources). Screen switches off after 30mins of inactivity
- 50th anniversary boot splashscreens
- Performance improvements
- Detect and fix incomplete factory resets
- Fix duplicate information when browsing some UPnP servers
- Fix spurious busy spinner on Settings/Auto Power Down screen
- Handle UTF-8 characters when fast-scrolling through menus
- Display prompt screen correctly when switching from media player to IR (no saved station)
- Allow change of language without restarting
- Other Minor Bug fixes