May 1st 2014: Firmware version 751BD(CU)-15-0910
Features of the new update include the following:
- Improved BD disc compatibility with new releases such as “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”.
Features of this update included;
- Improved BD disc compatibility with new releases such as “HUGO 2012”, “Rio 2012”: the problem is that the VFD displays 00:00:00 and no change after this point.
- Improved disc compatibility with some new B region BD releases such as “Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy”, “Kung Fu Panda 2 BD 2011”, “Fast five BD 2011”: the problem is that the BD player won’t play when you select "play" in the menu.
- Improved 720p upscaling from HDMI1 output.
- Improved audio track processing: the problem is when you use the analogue output and HDMI LPCM output, the DTS-HD MA 6.1 is decoded into 5.1ch, such as “Lord Of The Rings BD 2011”.
- Improved BD-Live functionality. The picture could occasionally freeze on some BD discs with BD-Live animated features, such as “Puss in Boots” and “The Lion King BD 2011”.
- Improved BD disc compatibility with new releases such as “Mr. Poppers Penguins BD2011”, “Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury BD2011”, “Human Planet”.
- Improved HDMI compatibility.
- Fix YouTube playback after YouTube changed their service
- Removal of ISO file playback due to copy protection issues.
- Adds 8 kinds of OSD language
- Improves UPnP performance and USB browsing
- Improves CD performance and Blu-ray disc compatibility
- Improved the subtitle support in M2TS/TS playback through USB drive, external hard drive or UPnP streaming. Occasional reports that the movie picture could occasionally freeze up during the playback, while the time counter was still moving forward. This issue was related to subtitles and has been resolved in this release.
- Resolved the subtitle flickering or image stuttering issue during some 3D movie playback. Occasional reports of this happening randomly on some 3D movies released in Asia or Europe. Sample titles include "Step Up", "SAW" and "Resident Evil: Afterlife".
- Resolved the image vertical stretch issue observed on some legacy DVD's. Occasional reports of this happening when playing these DVDs using HDMI 1 and setting Aspect Ratio to "16:9 Wide/Auto", the pictures were vertically stretched. This issue could happen to certain 4:3 DVD's issued before or around 2000, and sample titles include "The Abyss", "Titanic", "TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH (2002)" and "1941 (1979)".
- Improved support for user-created DVD-Audio discs. In the previous firmware, the on-screen display and the front panel time counters may stop at 00:00:00 when playback advanced from Track 1 to Track 2. This was mostly observed on user-created DVD-Audio discs which were “Audio Only” and contained no menus, backgrounds, or additional features.
- Resolved the Test Tone missing or harsh noise issues. Some customers have reported these using some special combinations of downmix mode and speaker setting.
- Improved the audio information display, e.g., previously "MLP 5.1" was shown as "5.1", "1/2 DTS 6.1" was shown as "1/2 DTS 5.1".
- Added brief chapter information (Current Chapter/Total Chapters) on-screen display when pressing PREV or NEXT button to skip chapters. This feature only applies to commercial discs which include Blu-ray, DVD and DVD-Audio.
- Further improved general disc compatibility based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples. Sample movies include "Avatar(3D)", "Journey to Mecca", "Alice (2009 Miniseries)" and "Pirate of Caribbean 4" (3D version released in Asia and Europe).