This can be useful if you are using your amplifier to provide audio from a Sky box.
- Press the TV button on your Sky remote
- Press and hold 'Select' and '0' simultaneously for around two seconds, until you see the LED on the remote flash twice
- Next, enter the code 1217
- The LED should once again flash twice to indicate it has accepted the code
If followed correctly, you should now be able to control your amplifier using the arrow keys around the 'Select' button (up and down control volume, right does the mute on/off and left the power on/off).
Although useful, it only works when in TV mode so you will need to toggle between Sky and TV mode to use this.
There is, however, another tweak to enable 'AV punch through' mode and improve this further:
- Press the TV button once
- Then press and hold 'Select' and '1' simultaneously for around two seconds, until you see the LED flash twice
- This should enable 'AV punch through' mode on the remote
You should then be able to use the 'Mute' and 'Volume +/-' buttons when the remote is in Sky mode. You can disable 'punch through' mode with 'Select' and '2' if you ever decide in the future.