If I own a high output moving coil cartridge, what input do I use on my phono stage?

"High output" moving coils are phono cartridges that use the operating principles of a moving coil cartridge but in such a way as to produce an output voltage more in keeping with a moving magnet design.

As such if you have a cartridge of this type, if the output is above 1mV, although it is listed as a moving coil design it is more suited to the moving magnet input of a Cambridge Audio phono stage. This also means that the 540P and 551P can be used with these cartridges.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk