The CXUHD can remotely Playback music, photos, and video files stored on media devices that are connected to the same home network.
Press the Home button on the remote to bring up the Home menu, select the Network icon and press Enter button to show the list of available servers and shared folders. In some cases, you might need to disable your firewall to allow the CXUHD to see your devices. The CXUHD can perform Network Playback in one of the following three ways:
1. As a digital media player (DMP): the CXUHD can actively search, access and pull content from media servers on your network.
2. As a digital media renderer (DMR): the CXUHD plays content received ('pushed') from a digital media controller (DMC). A DMC-capable UPNP/ DNLA media server is required. Plus the control APP you wish to use which must be connected to the same network as the server and CXUHD. Refer to the server and APPs respective user instructions for correct configuration and operation.
3. Accessing a SMB/CIFS client: the player can directly access files shared by computers through SMB/CIFS clients over the network, as if accessing a local USB hard drive. Most computers especially those installed with Windows, already have an SMB client embedded. Please refer to your respective OS instructions to set up the SMB/CIFS shared file/folder.
• A NAS is a network attached storage device that provides file-based data storage services to other devices on the network. Commercial products are available that often incorporate a UPnP/DNLA Server.
• SMB (Server Message Block) or Cifs (Common Internet File System) is mostly known as the folder sharing method of Microsoft Windows. It does not require an extra media server or perform any media format transcoding.
• Compatibility with local network sharing hardware/software is on a best effort basis with no guarantee, due to variations in NAS devices, media servers and their configurations